In 2007, Sleepers in Seattle was started by independent owners Carlos and Meryl Alcabes after they saw a demand for the expanded availability of customizable and highly functional furniture piece, like sleeper sofas, for mass consumers. In Fall of 2013, the Alcabes’ son, Max, wanted to continue evolving the company and knew there was a growing need to have a larger presence in the online marketplace so they launched a few additional microsites under the brand’s umbrella to expand on the customized sleeper sofa model and offer customized sofas, furniture, mattresses and more.
The Alcabes engaged Adapt Partners in May 2014 and their needs were two-fold: The first was to help get the new microsites off the ground since they were newly launched and did not have much equity, trust or authority with search engines. The second was to get Sleepers in Seattle on course for a natural and sustainable growth pattern as the site had over-manipulated links which could result in a penalization by Google.
By conducting a technical and content audit for Sleeper in Seattle’s portfolio of brand sites, Adapt Partners was able to gather in-depth insights to develop integrated SEO solutions to help increase traffic, conversion and content breadth. The tactics deployed by Adapt Partners includes the following:
- Developed a content strategy approach that involved building out unique content for each category page to resolve the thin content issues the sites were experiencing and to improve product listings in search results which also helped with longtail keyword opportunities.
- Conducted on-page SEO tactics such as rewriting meta descriptions, optimizing page titles and consolidating category pages for search volumes/patterns to help search engines understand the organization of the website better and its services as well as to provide the user with more context.
- Resolved internal 301 redirects issues as too many redirects is a poor navigation quality signal for search engines and could have hindered their ranking ability.
- Assisted and provided counsel on public relations efforts to help build trust equity to the site.
- Optimized Shopping PPC campaigns to focus the budget on the highest converting brands and products, reducing spend on products that do not result in phone calls, online sales, or other conversions.
- Conducted link clean-up and provided counsel to successfully eliminate any risk-laden practices to ensure a healthy SEO environment going forward
Over the past year, Adapt Partners has garnered the following results for Sleepers in Seattle and its portfolio of sites:
- Increased organic traffic by 986%
- Increased revenue through organic traffic by 474%
- Increased “Request a Quote” sales leads through organic traffic by 1,033%
- Increased the ecommerce revenue from AdWords by 100% while maintaining return on ad spend (ROAS)